This is an award given to new or up-and-coming bloggers with less than 200 followers. To graciously accept the award, you must follow the rules below.
Before I tell you about the rules, I must thank the wonderful blogger over at Project Baby for my nomination. Thank you!
So here is how this blog award works:
- Tell 11 random facts about yourself.
- Answer the 11 questions asked by the person who nominated you.
- Choose 11 blogs with less than 200 followers to nominate and link to their blogs from your blog.
- Come up with 11 questions to ask the bloggers you nominate.
- Tell the 11 bloggers that you nominated them by posting on their blog.
- Link back to the person who nominated you and thank them dearly from the bottom of your heart!
- Post your award badge with pride!
1. I cut my own hair 90% of the time. I can't handle the idea of having to make an appointment and wait. I often just want a cut and my hair is long and straight, so it's pretty easy to do and always looks nice (enough - nobody notices!).
2. I HATE to shop for myself so my clothing is all pretty old. New clothing is stuff my darling husband buys for me!
3. To this day, I love the smell of gasoline and eraser-board markers (no, I don't seek it out!).
4. I ride my bike to work every day of the year. Rain, shine, snow (although that's hard!). I love the winter riding best, actually.
5. My husband and I each had wooden engagement rings created by an artist in Canada from wood off his property. They broke down over our 16 month engagement and splintered just as we got married. We keep them in the jewelry box my husband gave me 20 months ago.
6. I have lived in 7 countries on 4 continents. I have visited every continent.
7. I have given myself every single shot through this process, including every PIO!
8. I like writing with blue bic Papermate pens best and think my writing is better with those than with others.
9. My sleep schedule is tied to the sun so in the middle of summer, I wake up naturally (and am awake) by 4:45 am.
10. I don't sync my iPhone with my computer. I don't even know how to do it!
11. I involuntarily rub my feet together when I get sleepy.
Here are my answers to the questions posed by the blogger who nominated me:
1. What is your favorite T.V. show?
Right now, it's Parenthood. We don't watch a lot of tv, but in the winters, we find a tv show and watch in on hulu. This year, it's Parenthood. We caught up on the first 3 seasons and we're now watching the up-to-date season.
2. If we were on a road trip and I went into a convenience store to get you a snack, what should it be?
Something bad for me! It's a road trip, afterall!
3. What is your favorite book from childhood?
Watership Down. It's what made me compassionate to non-human animals and I am grateful for that.
4. How many pillows do you sleep with?
One. My husband sleeps with 2-3!
5. How do you drink your coffee or tea?
Soy latte, extra foam, add some sugar in the raw.
6. What is your favorite dinner recipe?
Depends on my mood.
7. What kind of car do you drive?
Stick-shift 2006 Subaru Forester. We bought it in October 2009. Sadly, we got this car the month before throwing out birth control. We "upgraded" from a 2-door Civic. This was out baby mobile. Sigh.
8. What is your favorite kind of shampoo?
Used to be Aveda but now I am using just about anything that is natural and organic and smells good!
9. What is your least favorite food?
10. Describe your best friend in three words.
Husband. Loyal. Forever.
11. What song is currently on repeat on your iPod/MP3/CD player?
"Little Talks" of Monsters and Men.
Here are the 11 bloggers I am recommending:
1. Toni at http://rappbabyjourney.blogspot.com/
3. Ali at http://ajourneytotry.blogspot.com/
4. Rebecca at http://rebecca-lifeofanarmywife.blogspot.com/
And here are my 11 questions to those bloggers:
1. Sweet or savory?
2. What is your favorite season of the year?
3. What is your ideal job / career?
4. What is your favorite Friday evening activity?
5. Have you ever suffered a concussion?
6. What about you are you most proud of?
7. Do you have any tatoos? If so, what and where and from when? If not, why not and do you think you'll ever get one?
8. Do you use body lotion? What kind?
9. What is your favorite movie or tv show?
10. What is the most important quality in a friend? Spouse?
11. If you could travel anywhere in the US / world, where would it be and for how long?