Wednesday, April 17, 2013

Exhausted

I'm only 5 weeks tomorrow and already - unlike my last two non-chemical pregnancies - I am EXHAUSTED. I have taken a nap every day after work. I get home from walking the dogs (we have a foster dog currently) and literally climb into bed. It isn't long before I drift off for a nap which is usually disturbed by a phone call. I'm not sure how long I'd sleep if undisturbed, but it's probably good that I don't get to sleep for hours just to try to go to bed at a regular hour.

The insomnia has subsided a bit. I was awake last night at 1:30 and got up to pee. But I was able to get back to sleep, woke up at 6:15, and then got back into bed after letting the dogs pee. I fell back asleep until 7.

I am loving this exhaustion, as much as it's making being at work very difficult. It's a pregnancy symptom and I LOVE IT.

I'm also crampy still and, as of about 4 days ago, perpetually hungry. That seems to have gone for today, but yesterday I think I had a full meal every 4 or 5 hours. I had a huge slice of butternut squash lasagna for dinner before heading to my resolve meeting. That was at 6:30. By the time I got home at 9:30, I was so hungry I had to make a piece of peanut butter smothered toast.

That's another thing. I am eating SO MUCH PEANUT BUTTER. I have an apple smothered in it every day, sometimes twice a day. I'm chowing greek yoghurt and a protein rich granola for breakfast, pumpkin seeds and walnuts as a snack, and then at least a banana or two a day. If there are two in there, I need to keep the protein intake really high to keep them healthy. I added a protein shake to my breakfast regiment this week, too.

That's about it for my update. I hope these symptoms continue and get even stronger.

2 comments:

  1. Hoping that there are two in there.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Even though being exhausted all the time isn't fun, I'm glad you're having some symptoms (I know if it were me, I'd want some symptoms to ease my fears). Hopefully you can skip the nausea though. Wouldn't that be nice :)

    ReplyDelete