Thursday, February 14, 2013

SIS in Seattle tomorrow!

Just in case hearing that we have 4 embryos and taking bcp wasn't enough to remind me that this cycle IS ON, tomorrow, I go to Seattle (by choice) for my SIS. I could have done it in Portland, but I like the idea of my clinic doing the u/s and seeing first hand, rather than through a crappy reproduction, what my ute is up to.

The SIS in April was great, but one never knows what IF will throw at one, so I am cautiously optimistic that tomorrow will also be good. 

Hubby and I are headed up there first thing for an 11am appointment. We considered staying up there for a night or two, but decided to come home and spend our long weekend visiting friends elsewhere (with the dogs - meaning no house sitter needed). So we'll drive up there, have the SIS, have lunch, and then get home (hopefully) by about 4pm, in time to take a lovely walk in the park with the dogs. I want hubby to smell all the blossoms in the park. I get to smell them daily on my twice-daily park walk.

We don't "do" Valentine's Day. Never have, and probably never will. Hubby is amazing at bringing me nice stuff randomly - like a small box of chocolates or some ice cream, or flowers. I do the same for him with things he likes. With that in mind, the idea of "having" to do something isn't our way. So we snuggle and say "Happy Valentine's Day" in the morning but that's about it. And both of us are just fine with the way we do it.

Over and out!

8 comments:

  1. You are on your way! We should do lunch sometime when you are coming up north. We could meet somewhere in Federal Way or something. There is a good roadhouse steak and burger place we could go!
    I hope your walk is peaceful and you SIS goes perfectly.
    Hubby and I don't go all out on V-day either. Just dinner at home, a few kisses and that's about it. If we do celebrate, it's on a different day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lunch sounds great, but I doubt I'll be coming up again except for the transfer and hubby will be with me and we'll be on a mission! Maybe once I'm pregnant or, even better, when we both have kiddos we could meet (but not at a steak place - I'm a veggie!).

      Thanks for your support.

      Delete
  2. Good luck tomorrow! I hope the next 12 weeks fly by and you're comfortably settled into the second trimester soon.

    Also, we're with you on valentine's. Although I did get a cupcake thanks to our rental agent :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good luck with today! Sending good thoughts your way.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Everything is falling into place perfectly!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hope all went well for you and that you enjoy spending time with your friends. Maybe we can meet up sometime as I don't live all that far away from you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'd love to meet up but as I just told Miss C, the next time I'm headed up north will be for the transfer and hubby will be with me and we'll be on a mission. But once the transfer is over, maybe we can meet up to talk details about donor egg or just to hang out.

      Delete
  6. Hi from ICLW! Good luck with this cycle!

    ReplyDelete